Entryway / Foyer
The foyer went through quite a transformation since I built my house. Lots of DIY took place here. We enjoy keeping it simple and clean as far as decorating, but during the holidays I tend to go all out.
What it once looked like:
Our house faces east and is bright and sunny in the morning. I’ve read that having a black door facing east is good Feng Shui.
- Magnolia Wreath Vignette
- Gallery Wall from Minted
- Painted black door
- Painted balusters and railings
- Installed wainscoting
- Installed frieze in two story foyer
- Holiday Ornaments (received as part of a blogger gift exchange)
- DIY laminate flooring installed (new post coming soon!)
- Installed molding over front door (a DIY found for $10 at our local ReStore)
- New chandelier (discontinued) – from Hampton Bay
- Lined curtains and hardware from Bed, Bath & Beyond – color is “Peacock”
- Wall Paint –> Lowes #0633 330-695-935 Tinter B 3/7/12 Valspar, Gallon Size, SR214, Moonlight Beach, Signature, Interior Satin Base 4 101-2Y, 107-2Y10, 109-14, 113-7Y28
- Original Magnolia Round Rug, JcPenney
- Shag Rug with Moroccan Pattern – Homegoods
Where did you get the picture hanging on the wall under the stairs? I love the colors in it and it would be perfect in my dining room. Thank you!
That picture is from The Bombay Co., which is no longer in business – except they do sell their items in retail stores. I’ve actually seen Bombay Co. products in KROGER of all places.